Thursday 3 May 2012

CMRC ANQ Motopark


This past Sunday I made the trip up to Motopark for the CMRC ANQ.
The place was packed full of riders; pretty sure the horses thought they would have to move out.
The track was in great shape and thanks to the new topsoil they put in a few sections, the track held up very well.

The Pro races were fun to watch. Kyle Keast won them but got a good challenge from Liam O'farrell, who had his TM ride running much better than at Gopher Dunes.

I met rider, Dan Miller, who had just came back after eight years off and looked like he was having a fun day. After I left, he had crashed, cracked his skull and temporarily lost vision in one eye. I hope he gets better and heals up.

I have to rant a little about "flaggers". I know 95 percent of them do a great job but some shouldn't do it. I have seen at different tracks flaggers using the flag as a blanket or sitting with their backs to the track and too into each other instead watching the riders. It frustrates the hell out of me. I spend most of the day out on the track and have given a couple of them my 2 cents worth. I wear a yellow or orange shirt when I am out shooting just in case a rider goes down. I can alert other riders to the problem. There are four things you need to be a flagger: 1) a chair 2) an umbrella 3) a cooler with drinks, and 4) common sense. Not sure if there's a minimum age for doing that job.

Wish I was going to Sand Del Lee this weekend. The track is cool and fun to shoot at.

I’ll be at Gopher Dunes with my family for the SCR race on the big track.

Click Photo's to Enlarge

Motopark has  great spots to watch races from ,including
motohotel and restaurant.

Full gate starts were insane to watch.

Hayden Halstead won MX2 Int. on his 2 stroke.

The "Dozers" eyes have more determination it looks
like this year.

Vet Master had a good race between Ryan Gauld
and Chuck Mesley .
The 107 won!

Dan Miller heal up!

85cc Winner Duncan McLeod.

Jack of all trades including pro photographer
Brett Lee

Liam O'Farrell asking Kyle Keast if he wants
to go to Tim Horton's .....Ok your buying lol.

These two were stuck together most of the race.
76 Zeb Dennis ans 37 Richard Grey

Roost dosn't always do the body good!

When trying to avoid another rider look for something soft
like Cody Imbeault did.

Start of the ladies race.

Chris Pomeroy was rocking the SCOTT gear
on his Honda.

Ryan Lockhart aka "Newf" think he
knows product name placement.
















No comments:

Post a Comment